Articles tagged with dumbstuff
Sleep-Writing Produces No Literary Genius
I last wrote from the library. Tonight at nearly 2 o'clock, I write from my bedroom. It will not be long before I turn the lights off. After I left the library, I went to a new Starbucks in town to get a cup of coffee and read. I got through .
Dumb Stuff I Have Observed, Part 8 - To Infinity, and Beyond!
1. Whenever I break up a bag of frozen peas, I feel strangely powerful, as though I'm pulverizing rocks with my bare hands. 2. Despite their reputation as tacky, 70s-era wedding gifts, fondue sets are still widely sold. This means either that People Reall
My 400th Article - from the Library, of Course!
Here I am again, in my "second office", the library, and I am celbrating my 400th article here on Persona Paper. I have written about things from the price of oil to the flowers in my yard, from #DumbStuff I have observed to stupid things in movies and TV
8 Rules to Follow when You Are Being Chased in a Horror Movie
1. Dress as inconveniently and as sluttily as possible: low-cut top, miniskirt, high heels. You too, ladies. 2. If you are being chased by a car, make sure to run straight down the road. None of that tricky running through yards and jumping fences stuff! 3
20 Things to Do When Your Internet Service Goes Out
1. Catch up on all those shows that have been clogging up the DVR 2. Repaint the guest room 3. Clean out the garage 4. Take up knitting 5. Try new recipes 6. Learn to yodel 7. Start a Neighborhood Watch program 8. Buy a donkey 9. Apply to law school 10. G
Dumb Stuff I Have Observed, Part 6 - Because Stuff Keeps Being Dumb
1. What's true about Zumba, or any other aerobic dance class, really--you feel like you are being a clumsy, uncoordinated oaf and that everyone is looking at your oafishness with extreme mirth, and then you realize that everyone is ACTUALLY just looking at
Dumb Stuff I Have Observed, Part Deux (Prounounced "Duh")
1. If you don't process metaphors well, the phrase "Jack Frost nipping at your nose" takes on rather disturbing implications.2. I think Christmas light displays are exactly like karaoke singers: The really good ones are very enjoyable, but even the really