My look at Persona Paperâ€™s potential
On Saturday August 2nd, I posted about the imminent arrival of article number 10,000 in Persona Paper and even proposed some sort of reward to the author of that post. Read my post here
At the time I thought that milestone was going to be reached over weekend, but I have now realized that the rate at which articles are posted here is a little slower than I expected. So I have made some quick calculations for fun, based on the data available and wanted to share the results with all of you.
- As of August 2nd at 5:00 AM Eastern Time there were 9,643 Articles posted (Based on post's timestamp)
- As of August 5th at 5:00 AM Eastern Time there were 9,872 Article posted (Based on post's timestamp)
Calculation Results and Analysis
That means in 3 days a total of 229 new posts were submitted.
The average is just above 76 posts per day or roughly 3 posts per hour.
Considering that there are about 520 community members, the numbers above mean that each single member would submitting a new post every 7 days. Or, in other words, that in a given day only 15% of the members are active .
If each writer submits an average of 2 posts per day , then it is just 7% of members that is active in a given day.
So based on the numbers above this is what I think:
- The Great News is that the site has a lot of potential to increase the traffic, as most of users are dormant, and can become active in the near future. We could say that 85% of the users are very active at the moment and this is excellent news.
- At the current pace, Post No. 10,000 will most likely be published tomorrow August 6th at around 9 PM Eastern Time.
- There is nobody abusing the system in terms of continuously posting.
NOTE: These calculations are just rough observations made by me (NBaquero) for fun and are not exact as they do not take into account many other factors like daily variations, comments made, interactions, etc.
What you are your thoughts on Persona Paper's potential?
© Original content by NBaquero 2014
Image Credit » My own image created with Wordle.net