My Highs and Lows of 2015.
I don’t feel like writing out some random blog right now. I would rather do a writing prompt, and I found this one on the 365 Blogging Challenge I was doing over on Bubblews. I think it was meant to be posted on December 30th. The writing prompt asks “What were the highs and lows of this year? Alrighty, I guess it is time for a little reflection.
The Highs of 2015....
- I turned 30 years old. Now age is just a number of course, but I enjoyed celebrating the big 3-0 with my family and friends.
- I went to NYC with several of my friends for a day trip. It was cold and I was sick, but it was a blast.
- Watching the WWE Royal Rumble at home. I was a little bummed that Randy Orton didn’t return, but I love that event. Plus, my family and I did a little pool (it’s hard to explain if you don’t watch it), and that was fun. We didn’t really do any prizes, BUT I WON THE POOL. ;)
- I met Shawn Michaels for the third time, and found out that he recognized me. He has been my favorite wrestlers and celebrity for 20 years, so that was a big deal for me. :D
- I attended WWE Payback with my niece and best friend. I ran into friends throughout the day, and met Charles Robinson (WWE ref who is insanely nice).
- The 4th of July. It was a small gathering of family and friends, so that was definitely a blast.
- I went to Washington, DC with my family and friends for a day trip. It was exhausting but so much fun.
- I attended WWE NXT Takeover, SummerSlam and Raw in August with friends. I also met Randy Orton again, explored NYC for a while and went to Seaside, NJ for the first time.
- I went on a short train ride in NYC, and a MegaBus ride from Philly to Baltimore, by myself. It is not something I can do often, but it is a big step for me considering I am afraid to travel alone.
- Several doors opened in the world of freelance writing, as one door closed in August.
- Taking part in seasonal events with the family; two pumpkin patches and the Festival of Trees.
- The fact that I didn’t spend the holiday season coughing up a lung, unlike last year.
- There are certain friends I do not get to see often, and it was good to see them throughout the year.
The Lows of 2015....
- I had a bad cough from December of 2014 until March/April of 2015.
- One of our old friends/distant cousins passed away on January 13th, 2015. I never thought I would be attending a funeral for our 28 year old friend. :(
- I was getting irritated pretty quick at things, and I think I was annoying other people, as well as myself. I did finally talk to my doctor and he put me back on my anxiety meds, but I hated how irritable I was for that period of time.
- I got into several fights on Twitter, which is a low because it's not like me at all. I put a stop to it though.
- My writing client of three years went out of business, and I had made the mistake of relying mainly on that client for work. I have learned my lesson and found new clients, but it was still a low time.
- I decided not to go to Dallas, Texas for Wrestlemania 32. It was actually a relief since saving up for it was becoming stressful, but it did suck when I first realized it wasn't going to work out.
I think that was pretty much the highs and lows of my 2015. You have to take the bad with the good, and just keep on swimming. The year could have been worse, and I hope 2016 is a good year to us all.
On another note, I need to make a list of everyone I have to get back so, so I can finally catch up. Work is picking back up, so I want to get as much done as possible.
I'm going to get back to my work. I will catch you all later. :)
Image Credit » https://pixabay.com/en/calendar-2015-grunge-metal-531169/ by steinchen