New TV Shows coming Fall 2015
Tomororw starts the month of September, which is when most of the fall television shows either come back or premiere. This is when the telvision stations/companies test out new shows and give them the chance to either sink or swim. I was sniffing around to see if there were any new shows coming this year that looked like they might stand a chance and came across the following shows that interested me a little bit.
- 'Best Time Ever with Neil Patrick Harris'- This show is being descibed as a live variety type show where anything can happen. It may not appeal to everyone, but I think NBC made a wise move having NPH host it, I know there are many people who are fans of his who will watch this just because they like him. It is set to begin September 15th on NBC.
- 'Minority Report'- This show picks up ten years after the 2002 movie starring Tom Cruise left off. I'm sure the men and women who were fans of the movie are itching to see if the story lines up with this show. In my opinion this could fail pretty badly. I don't know if movie spin off shows are all they are cracked up to be. This is set to air starting September 21st on Fox.
- 'The Muppets'- I heard rumors of this television show months ago, but thought that's all it was-rumors. Apparently not, this show that really doesn't need any background information will start by showing Kermit and Miss Piggy breaking up and dealing with the aftermath of it. It is going to start September 22nd on ABC.
- 'Heroes Reborn'- This is the same creator as the orginial show, but a different cast. The orginal show, Heroes was a cult favorite and started careers of many now well known actors and actresses. It will be interesting to see if the creator and plot line still have the same appeal as they did before. Heroes Reborn starts September 24th on NBC.
- 'Grandfathered'- This is probably the one that I find most intriguing. Growing up in the 1990s, I have watched my fair share of Full House. So the fact that John Stamos aka Uncle Jesse is the main character on this new show makes me happy. The plot of this show is that a grown man shows up at Stamos' characters business and announces that he is his son, not only that but Stamos' character has a granddauther too. This could be interesting, and from the promo's looks pretty funny, but Stamos has tried to have success with other shows in the past and not done too hot. So we'll see. This show starts on Fox on the 29th of September.
Do any of these shows look interesting to you? I don't watch nearly as much television as I used to, and generally if I do it's via hulu. So it'll be interesting to check these shows out when they hit the air later this month.
Image Credit » https://pixabay.com/en/old-vintage-tv-screen-wood-knobs-691069/ by Unsplash