By in Personal

Hey I’m Back...Sort Of.

Hey there, fellow writers. I’m sort of back, sort of not back...meaning things are still going to be slow on here for a few days. Granted I said I wouldn’t be on daily anymore anyways, I’m still just letting you all know.

I had a great time in DC with my family on Saturday. We visited several museums, and I bought myself a postcard, three tokens and a dream pillow. :) It was hot and exhausting, but it was still fun.

Sunday was my baby nephew’s second birthday party. It was Paw Patrol themed. :) He was a little cranky at times, but I think he enjoyed it. He loved his cake and all his new toys, and the big Paw Patrol balloon his Momma (my best friend) bought him. :D

I’m not sure why I didn’t post on Monday, but I do know that it was back to the grind! I did the usual; babysitting, writing and watching WWE Raw.

We didn’t babysit yesterday, as it was the munchkin’s actual birthday so he spent the day with his Momma. I just did a few writing assignments, since the job board is sort of slow this week (it’s the end of the month, so it’s normal). I think I came close to hitting my quota though. :) I didn’t blog on here or Bubblews because I was wayyyy behind on my comments, so I went through them all and got back to everyone. I think I’m all caught up on here now. :)

I didn’t do much out of the usual today. We babysat the munchkin, and I worked on the five writing assignments I had. I have three left, and that’s it for the night. I’m glad to at least have some work on a slow week, and I’ll have an extra day of working since my dentist appointment was moved until Friday (in which I will not be blogging that day). I’m having my last wisdom tooth surgically extracted, and then they will never bother me again.

I don’t know what I’m doing this weekend, outside of getting ready for my trip later in August. It’s my last full weekend before the trip, as I have birthday parties to attend during the two weekends after this one.

Anywhooo, I just wanted to drop by and check-in with everyone. I’ll be back to post at some point soon, it just won’t be on Friday lol. You all take care and enjoy the rest of your week.

Image Credit » by novelrobinson

You will need an account to comment - feel free to register or login.


lexiconlover wrote on July 29, 2015, 8:58 PM

I knew you were missing in action. Sounds like you're having lots of fun though.

cheri wrote on July 29, 2015, 9:13 PM

It does not matter as long as you always go back and check on us here.

melody23 wrote on July 30, 2015, 7:43 AM

I wish you luck with the wisdom tooth, I had one of mine pulled and had surgery on the other one to remove part of it, they couldn't take the whole thing out because of where the root is in relation to the nerve so the root is still in there. Its starting to cause trouble again now and I will almost certainly need another surgery I just don't know when they will be able to do it as they have to wait for the root to move away from the nerve. However getting them out, although unpleasant at the time, is the best thing I have done because they are not able to bother me any more whereas before I was getting infections every few weeks. I likely have to get the two on the other side done at some point, but the dentist is happy to leave it for now since they are not causing me problems yet.

ViperGirl85 wrote on July 30, 2015, 6:00 PM

Thanks! Things have been okay; kind of slow this week, but this past weekend was a lot of fun. :)

ViperGirl85 wrote on July 30, 2015, 6:01 PM

I do what I can in terms of dropping in.

ViperGirl85 wrote on July 30, 2015, 6:05 PM

I had my botton one removed surgically about two years ago; the top two pulled within the past month and the other bottom one has to be surgically removed as well. Oh yeah, once you get them out, they will never bother you again. I would at least have the ones bothering you removed. I'm just getting them out while I have the money saved up, before they become infected like the first one did.

melody23 wrote on July 30, 2015, 6:22 PM

I had a coronectomy on the bottom right one because they couldn't fully remove it or it could have paralysed my face. I will likely have to go back in to get the root removed surgically at some point once it works its way up away from the nerve. it was a horrible experience, painful and scary, it also got infected so bad that I had to call NHS24 (its a sort of non-emergency version of 911 that can decide if you need seen, where you need seen or give you advice to manage at home) who wanted to admit me to hospital because they were concerned about my airway with the amount of swelling. My regular dentist was worried that I was going to get infection in the bone which would have been a massive problem, but after a few weeks and some mega antibiotics I was ok.

I am so glad for the National Health Service, I didn't have to pay for any of that because I had it done in the dental hospital. Most people need to pay for the regular dentist though.

DWDavisRSL wrote on July 31, 2015, 9:49 AM

It was a hot weekend to be sightseeing. You seem to be keeping busy with everything you've got happening. I know you'll be glad to be rid of that last wisdom tooth.

ViperGirl85 wrote on August 1, 2015, 10:12 PM

It was definitely hot. I hope it cools down just a little bit when I go to SummerSlam, but I don't see that happening lol. Thanks!

ViperGirl85 wrote on August 1, 2015, 10:13 PM

Oh wow, I've never even heard of that happening if it was fully removed. I'm glad it was okay after a while, are you still okay now?

melody23 wrote on August 3, 2015, 8:42 AM

Its apparently a reasonably new, somewhat uncommon surgery. They only do it on people whose nerve runs too close to the root of the tooth and therefore removing it is dangerous.

Because the root is still in there it will almost certainly start causing problems again at some point, but it could take years depending on how quickly the root moves up to the surface. It has started sort of niggling a wee bit but not real pain yet and a heck of a lot better than it was before I had the surgery - I had something ridiculous like eight infections in it over a year and they were bad infections. It was as if it went from being fine to being the worst infection possible overnight. I would be fine one day then wake up the next day unable to close my mouth because of the swelling, nothing helped no amount of medicated mouthwashes that tasted rotten made any difference so I had to have the surgery and I am glad I did, even if it was a horrible experience at the time.