6 Ways to Use Glass Jars
If you are like me, you have collected more than your share of glass jars. You have purchased food and do not want to throw them away, even in the recycle bin.
There are some that become our favorite jars, because they are not an ordinary shape or color. One of my all-time favorites is a large round(ish) jar that had mixed olives that I bought at World Market. I still use it today to make refrigerator pickles.
Jars can be used obviously for food storage, but there are so many other uses for these versatile containers.
Here are just a few ideas that I regularly use, outside of the kitchen:
- Artist jar to hold pencils, markers or artist brushes
- Sewing kit with needles, a few spools of thread, a handful of buttons and small pair of scissors
- Coin jar
- Vase for flowers; can tie raffia or ribbon around the threaded neck of jar for decoration
- Candle jar; add a couple of inches of sand or gravel rock in bottom of jar and place votive candle or tea-light on top of sand
- Drinking glasses
- And many more
The possibilities are endless for using glass jars of any size. It simply takes a bit of thought and creativity.
Can you think of other uses?
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
1015 PDT 12,802 19.20
5 1/2 hr -- +119/$.16 // 109.12 to 114.12 avg
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
© Copyright 2015 - Coral Levang. All Rights Reserved
Adapted from original written and published 10/14/14 on Bubblews, but removed by author.
Image Credit » https://pixabay.com/en/hyacinth-flower-flowers-747279/ by Pezibear