A Simple, Quickie Pasta Salad
I am heading out to spend today's holiday with my 82-year-old friend and his family. It seems to be one of those drop-in and hang-out kind of days.
I do not like to go empty-handed, though when I ask, "What can I bring?" I am generally met with a response, "Yourself." Rather than ask this time, I have thrown together some things from my cabinet and refrigerator.
Here is what I found. Most of these ingredients I purchased awhile ago from Trader Joes:
- 1 lb. farfalle (bowtie) pasta
- 1 can of artichoke hearts (not marinated)
- 1 small can of sliced black olives
- Sliced provolone cheese, and Genoa salami
- Bottle of champagne vinaigrette salad dressing
- Salt & pepper
Here is what I did:
- Boiled the farfalle in salted water for 11 minutes; drained and rinsed in cool water.
- Drained and chopped the artichoke hearts; drained the olives.
- Chopped cheese and salami.
- Combined all ingredients with half bottle of salad dressing; salt & pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate. Will adjust for dressing salt & pepper, once chilled.
It is very simple, no-brainer type of "recipe," based on what I had available. I am counting on it tasting good, though it required little effort. Much of the cooking I do is improvising with what I have on-hand.
© Copyright 2015 - Coral Levang. All Rights Reserved.
Image Credit » https://pixabay.com/en/noodles-pasta-spaghetti-farfalle-560657/ by condesign