If I had my druthers
Inspired by msiduri 's comment on AliCanary 's post Coke Superbowl Ad Caused Controversy.
If I had my druthers, the following would occur:
1. The reintroduction of nursing schools to be run in conjunction with large teaching hospitals so that would-be carers and nurses can be properly and thoroughly trained before taking on the role.
2. The reintroduction of state-funded care homes, to be paid for by taxes from large corporations such as Amazon, Starbucks, Google etc.
3. (this one for Cinna ) The introduction of safe and secure facilities where those refusing treatment for mental illness obvious to others can be taken to be treated before they cause harm, while their families are cared for also.
4. The removal of sex offenders and murderers from society for life. No parole, no time off for good behavior. Life should mean life. They changed someone's life, or took it away. They do not deserve to have a life such as the rest of us do.
5. The reintroduction of walk-in clinics, open 24 hours, to serve a population that is used to instant gratification of every whim, including (but not limited to!) painkillers at 3am because they drank too much and now have a splitting headache.
Yes, I'm being controversial . I've spent the day dealing with NHS bureaucracy. It makes me feel controversial!
Image Credit »
MegL wrote on May 27, 2015, 1:23 PM
I agree with all of those except the last - let them suffer!
WordChazer wrote on May 27, 2015, 2:14 PM
Well, yes. Except that the little ninnies turn up clogging up A&E instead. If you drink to the point of having a hangover, there are these amazing things called painkillers. Widely available in pharmacies and chemists, they can be bought in anticipation of a hangover, are cheap to obtain and do not need a nursing degree to administer. Plus, generally they can safely be taken after all except the type of bender which would render you unconscious and land you in A&E without your knowledge.