Dzhokhar Tsarnaev - Death or Life (In Prison)?
So the remaining perpetrator of the Boston Marathon bombing incident has been found guilty. But now his fate must be decided. Should he receive the death penalty or a life sentence and spend the rest of his life in jail?
If this were a country other than a Western country, specifically America, there wouldn't even be a debate over this. The bombing was an act of war. Everybody knows the rules of war. Death is an expected outcome. All war criminals should get the death penalty.
“Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, became a U.S. citizen last year on 9/11, the anniversary of the worst terror attack in U.S. History.”
♠ But he was an American citizen?
- All the more reason for the death penalty!
♠ But he's just a young kid influenced by his older brother?
- Yeah I thought that was a lame defense argument too! I grew up with 6 older brothers and a big sister, who took care of me as if she was my mother.
♠ But putting him to death won't bring back the departed?
- We know that! That's not nor has it been ever been the purpose of the death penalty. Death penalty is an appropriate punishment, a measure of justice meted out for the crime committed.
♠ The decision is not mine to make but I do have an opinion. DEATH!
- Feel free to leave comments.
- However, you will not persuade me.
- My mind is made up!
* * *
* * *
Image Credit » http://pixabay.com/en/fire-bomb-boom-explosive-explosion-308367/ by Nemo