DIY: Multiple Uses for a Rubberband
There are many everyday objects that carry multiple uses like bobby pins, paperclips, toothpicks, and of course the rubberband !
Now I'm sure there is some book somewhere that lists over 100 ways to use a rubberband so I thought I would list a few rubberband diy for my article of the day:
1. Open a jar - if you place a rubberband around the lid of a jar it gives your hands a better grasp and thus able to open the jar more easily.
2. You could use it as a hair tie.
3. You could use it as a mini sling shot.
4. Keep things in place. Say you have a stack of papers or a bundle of toothpicks you would like to keep together. Just use the rubberband and tie it around the paper/toothpicks/etc to keep them in place.
5. Decorating. Since Easter is around the corner, you can use rubberbands to create designs when coloring Easter eggs.
6. Use it as a temporary wallet. Similar to keeping things in place, you can tie the rubberband around your money, cards, and cell phone (sometimes) if you need to temporarily keep them all together (would not recommend for long term as some items could still possibly slide out).
7. Make music. I remember back in elementary school we would use an empty Kleenex box and tie rubberbands around the opening, then pluck it and have almost like a homemade guitar.
8. Use it on paint cans. I know a popular idea is when you are using cans of paint, some people put a rubber band longways around the can (so it passes over the top) and when you dip your brush into the paint you can wipe off excess paint on the rubberband instead of the side of the can.
And those are just a few of the many things you can do with a rubberband! I know I always like to carry a hair tie with me, which is similar only not as stretchy, just in case I may ever need it.
Ever tried different uses for a rubberband? Or perhaps another common household item? Feel free to share!