By in Personal

This and That

Today has been a day of mixed joy and outright bummer. I told you in my last post " Easter Egg " that my 2mm crystals shipment had been in limbo for a week. When I checked the tracking number this morning I saw to my delight that it had been scanned in at the local postoffice at 4:47 this AM. I checked again about 3 hours later and it was out for delivery! Yay! So I check the mail about 11AM and the mail hadn't run yet. I remembered a sub carries our mail on Tuesday. Subs carry their own route and take on another one too, so the mail's always late.

I got my Bead it Forward squares (shown in the picture) all ready to mail and went online to check out the address. I thought the deadline was March 21st for some reason, but it was March 6th. My squares won't be in the 2015 quilts. Bummer. I don't know what I was thinking.

Now I'm back to pacing the floor waiting for the mail. Can't wait to run my fingers through all those sparkly beads.

Image Credit » Jennie Hennesay DBA The Bead Doodler

You will need an account to comment - feel free to register or login.


wolfgirl569 wrote on March 10, 2015, 12:41 PM

Glad they are finally on the way. Thats a bummer about your bead squares, hopefully you can find a use for them

Dawnwriter wrote on March 10, 2015, 2:14 PM

I think I will have to read your earlier post to understand this one fully but I hope your parcel arrives soon with your beads. Have fun

Carmelanirel wrote on March 10, 2015, 2:47 PM

I love your bead it forward squares and isn't it wonderful when we can go online and see a package we have been waiting for was scanned at the local office? I find it amazing, yet I remember the days of being surprised when my package was delivered..

trufflehunter wrote on March 10, 2015, 7:59 PM

I can imagine your excitement. Beading sounds like a great hobby!

peachpurple wrote on March 11, 2015, 12:54 AM

best of l;uck, i am sure you will earn big bucks soon, maybe the mail is late due to the weather?

BeadDoodler wrote on March 11, 2015, 9:47 AM

With any luck I will at least be able to take the squares apart and re use the beads. I'll just have to keep my head out of the clouds for 2016 and get some done in a more timely fashion.

BeadDoodler wrote on March 11, 2015, 9:49 AM

Thanks! The package arrived and I was so happy I didn't get much beading done, just running my fingers through those amazingly small faceted crystals.

BeadDoodler wrote on March 11, 2015, 9:50 AM

Yes and the panic when it should have arrived and didn't. LOL. I got the package and all's well now. I just have to get busy and bead. . .after I run errands etc.

BeadDoodler wrote on March 11, 2015, 9:51 AM

I found beading addictive. Probably have enough beads in my stash to last my lifetime, but I always want the NEW ones! :)

BeadDoodler wrote on March 11, 2015, 9:53 AM

I'm sure the weather had something to do with it as our airport was shut down due to freezing rain the day after the package left Medford OR. Oh well, it arrived, so all's well.

Carmelanirel wrote on March 12, 2015, 8:51 AM

Oh, I had that happened to me once. Online it showed my package was delivered, yet when I went outside there was no package between the bench and the door and nothing on top of the bench. Then it hit me, (of course after the sun had set) I grabbed a flashlight and looked "under" the bench and there it was. The delivery guy really did the right thing. Even though because of the area I live in, robbery is not common, by placing the package out of sight from anyone walking to my door (like I did and missed it) then my package was safe.