Ouch! Why Did I Do That ?
Yesterday I turned the oven on then after about five minutes I realised I had left the large heavy frying pan inside the oven.
In a spontaneous action I reached for the pan handle then screamed in agony,I managed to lift it on the top of the oven before wondering off to the bathroom to soak my right hand in cold water.
I returned to the kitchen to cook the chicken,I reached for the pan to move it elsewhere,help! I had done it again with the other hand.
The worst part was that I had visitors in the living room with Paul. All my grief was done in absolute silence,I didn't want to spoil the day..
Have you ever done anything as silly as that ?
Image Credit »
Koalemos wrote on March 3, 2015, 9:44 AM
I am quite an expect at doing stupid things, but have nevr picked up anything hot by mistake.
wolfgirl569 wrote on March 3, 2015, 9:47 AM
I have done that several times, you would think I would learn to check the oven every time but I seem to forget the time I do have something in there
maxeen wrote on March 3, 2015, 9:49 AM
Hope you never do, I scolded my foot with a teapot many years ago and still suffer with the after affects...
maxeen wrote on March 3, 2015, 9:50 AM
Me too! It is the sneaky top shelf where a pan is hiding away..
arthurchappell wrote on March 3, 2015, 9:58 AM
once though not a second time right afterwards - once (aged about 15) walked into a lamp post because I was busy laughing after a friend walked into the previous lamp-post - serves me right
Ellis wrote on March 3, 2015, 10:38 AM
Left you feeling a bit light-headed I expect...
LilyDay wrote on March 3, 2015, 11:35 AM
I've grabbed hot things before, not thinking about how quickly the thing would heat up or overestimating how rapidly it had cooled off. It hasn't happened very often, though.
j2jworkz wrote on March 3, 2015, 11:44 AM
Does bring back melty memories of the run in I had with the oven. Left the plastic dishpan in the oven and it melted, what a mess! I'm still recovering.
Koalemos wrote on March 3, 2015, 12:10 PM
Why on Earth would you be picking up a hot teapot with your foot?
GemOfAGirl wrote on March 3, 2015, 1:13 PM
Have I ever done anything as silly as that? Too many times to mention! I'm a grown woman, you'd think I'd know better by now, but apparently, alas, I do not!
maxeen wrote on March 3, 2015, 4:14 PM
I was trying to kick it at someone in Manchester..
maxeen wrote on March 3, 2015, 4:24 PM
That got you then!
maxeen wrote on March 3, 2015, 4:25 PM
Take care ,they hurt like mad..
maxeen wrote on March 3, 2015, 4:26 PM
As usual,maybe that was it . Too much of the red stuff the previous night..
maxeen wrote on March 3, 2015, 4:28 PM
Hope you didn't touch it ,that would be unbearable.
maxeen wrote on March 3, 2015, 4:30 PM
Same here,always bashing my toe on things as I don't wear shoes in the house..
Koalemos wrote on March 3, 2015, 5:10 PM
You may have tried Maxeen, but you missed me anyway.
maxeen wrote on March 3, 2015, 5:28 PM
Have you been on Arthurs Real Ale?
arthurchappell wrote on March 3, 2015, 5:51 PM
one of my worst disasters was putting a pizza in the oven to cook - we had a double oven and I switched the wrong one on, leaving it for 20 minutes incinerating a full sunday dinner roast beef my mum had left in it to cool down - the pizza was still cold when I opened the oven I thought I'd started - my mum was not happy
Porcospino wrote on March 3, 2015, 7:22 PM
I once forgot a pot inside the oven. I turned the oven on without removing the pot, It didn't happen in my own kitchen. Cooking was part of my job, and my employer wasn't exactly happy when she discovered what I had done. Another time I rubbed my eyes while I was cutting hot peppers. I will never do that again!
bestwriter wrote on March 3, 2015, 7:37 PM
These are called kitchen accidents and I bet each of us will have stories on them.
RonElFran wrote on March 3, 2015, 10:51 PM
Oh yes! I've just been bemoaning the fact that after having ripped the driver side mirror off my car last year, I did it to the passenger side mirror a few days ago.
GemOfAGirl wrote on March 3, 2015, 11:44 PM
That totally sounds like something I would do, LOL!1
maxeen wrote on March 4, 2015, 8:55 AM
I think you must be a very neat person. You had to make them match..
maxeen wrote on March 4, 2015, 8:57 AM
I should think she wasn't,I hope she made you eat the cold pizza..
maxeen wrote on March 4, 2015, 8:58 AM
Rubbing eyes with curry on ones hands is bad as well.
Coffee wrote on March 4, 2015, 9:30 AM
Oucheeeee. You poor thing - that must have been horrific.
AliCanary wrote on March 4, 2015, 10:47 AM
Oh, my. I am sure I have. Poor burned hands--I hope it wasn't too bad.
GedWrites wrote on March 4, 2015, 2:10 PM
Ya dafty, I sympathise with your very hot predicament it must have taken courage to keep shtum in that situation.
BarbRad wrote on March 4, 2015, 2:59 PM
I'm afraid I have done things as silly as that, including reaching for hot pans without thinking.
maxeen wrote on March 4, 2015, 4:11 PM
I have trouble spelling that word as well. Where have you been ? you've been well missed!! Don't do that again....Thought you were stuck down in some 'blue John Mines' GedWrites ,
maxeen wrote on March 4, 2015, 4:13 PM
I was very lucky,it just hung around for a while ,could have been a lot worse..
maxeen wrote on March 4, 2015, 4:14 PM
I am sure you are right,my tea-pot one -20 years ago was the worst for me.
maxeen wrote on March 4, 2015, 4:16 PM
Thanks! I escaped too much pain as I plunged each hand into ice cold water ,that wasn't nice!!
maxeen wrote on March 4, 2015, 4:18 PM
I have makeshift stainless steel tray that I use for grilling bacon and it's a miracle I am not grilled the way it slides about,silly of me..
bestwriter wrote on March 4, 2015, 7:07 PM
What did that tea pot do to poor you?
Kungfu123 wrote on March 6, 2015, 4:45 AM
I have experienced it when I was indulging myself on other business, but I have never made the same mistake within such a short time.
maxeen wrote on March 6, 2015, 7:11 AM
It did an acrobat as I went throught the door and scalded my foot....1
maxeen wrote on March 6, 2015, 7:14 AM
Not many as silly as me to do that in an instant...trying to be too speedy..
crowntower wrote on March 7, 2015, 3:33 AM
When I was little yeah, maybe because I was bothered by what is happening in the kitchen that time, everything is boiling and I have to work faster, LOL! Ever since I always put my head in everything I do in the kitchen. God bless.
scheng1 wrote on March 14, 2015, 9:55 AM
Most of us will burn our hand once, but not many of us manage to burn twice.
maxeen wrote on March 14, 2015, 3:16 PM
Hey! Talk about twice! I have bought two lottery tickets tonight!!!
maxeen wrote on March 14, 2015, 3:19 PM
I hope you don't mean literally.
VinceSummers wrote on March 15, 2015, 9:50 PM
Once bitten, twice bitten... wait a minute! I thought the saying was once bitten twice shy...
maxeen wrote on March 15, 2015, 10:03 PM
I see that you have been reading Jennifer Rardin.
VinceSummers wrote on March 15, 2015, 10:23 PM
Never heard of her, so I checked her out online briefly. Another world...
maxeen wrote on March 16, 2015, 8:32 AM
I''ll say so!!