What do Online Writers do All Day?
If you want to make a career from online writing, then you might wonder what do online writers do all day. Well, as with all flexible jobs the days can vary immensely - some days it involves wandering round in your PJs eating toast as you've no inspiration,the next day it might be writing 1-5 posts for paying clients.
But, if you're an online writer you really need to do less toast eating and more actual writing, hoping to attract those lovely clients by showing them a great portfolio of what you can do. Or, simply writing your own thing on your own blog or website.
So I thought I'd share today's Writers' Secrets with you - to let you know how my day's gone now it's just an hour before lunchtime.
- First act of the day is to log into my Google Adsense account - to check [a] it's still running [b] how well did I do yesterday. With spirits deflated it's back to the real task of building a writing empire that generates a passive income, a residual income, so I don't have to stay in and eat toast, but will be able to afford to become one of the Ladies Who Lunch set.
- First on the agenda was a swift post on PersonaPaper as I'd been kept awake by my smoke detector beeping!
- Next on the agenda, a quick check of my diary - what's happening in the world that I know about? And I spot it, there's something I can write about, right there in the diary. So I load up one of my old sites (it was on the list to start resurrecting that one next month, but today's a good day to start). Having logged in, update the system as required (new plugins) and check the past stats. It's still running and has been getting itself 50 visitors/day since I last logged in some 6 months ago.
- Next, write a piece for my website. That was good. Find a suitable photo I'd taken in the past, resize it and upload it. Research some facts and figures - and I published that first post of the day. Off to G+ to give that a swift promote, then off to Pinterest for a quick, timely pin.
- Next it was to create three new drafts, I write three drafts/day for another site I have just spent the last month resurrecting, so that's part of the daily routine now. Next, came up with an idea of what to write about here on PP, although I've not used it in this post it's in the bag!
- Next, over to another writing site - check the minimum criteria for that one, to see if it's changed since I wrote there last month (doesn't time fly when you're eating toast without any inspiration?) - and I wrote a post there. Minimum 200 words required there, found and added an image I'd taken - had to have 3 attempts at uploading that as it didn't meet their minimum size criteria. Fiddled a bit more, then published that. Then it was off to G+ to promote that post - and off to Twitter for a quick Tweet.
So, it's now nearly 12:30 and I've already done some work ... how well that's received, or if it brings long-term benefits, only time will tell.
So what's next? Well, I've household stuff I should do, but I am now in the writing zone, so I'll probably knock out three posts from yesterday's drafts on my own website, promote those and then it's time to pop back here and read posts to see how you guys spent your day! And for the rest of the day and into the evening I'll randomly read, comment on posts here and occasionally check Google to see if the month's going to end on a high or not, as the month ends tomorrow!
Image Credit » http://pixabay.com/en/write-plan-business-startup-593333/ by StartupStockPhotos