Things to Do When You Are Bored Buttless
My new friend Coffee wrote this article http://personapaper.com/article/25076-two-weeks-off-work , in which she wrote of finding herself very bored, with a lot of time on her hands. She came to the correct conclusion that writing on Persona Paper was a good way to pass a little time, but there are only 15 posts allowed in a day, so what are you going to do with the other 23 hours? (Just kidding; it took longer than 4 minutes to write this. Maybe.) Here are some of my suggestions, and feel free to leave more in the comments below, so we can make helping Coffee less bored somewhat of a community effort.
1. Do a Google search of the term "animal", click Images, and then do imitations of every animal you see pictured (you should do this just to see the picture of the baby pig).
2. Go to your local shopping mall, walk into every store, look around and say, "Nope," then walk back out. (Good exercise)
3. Go to the library, check out a CD, and play it in the car while you drive to the mall to go say "Nope" in all the stores. Wait. I should have put that second.
4. Paint each of your toenails with a different color polish. You may have to borrow the polish from your wife.
5. Participate in the 30-Day Song Challenge , but write ALL your posts NOW. Then, you can dole them out once a day and impress everyone who is scrambling to keep up.
6. Make up a song about riding an elephant. Pretend to ride an elephant as you are singing it, to get into the spirit.
7. Make a series of origami animals from the pages of a book you didn't like. Sell these to pay the library fine for destroying the book.
8. Write, "You are really cool!" on a whole bunch of sticky notes. Leave them various places for people to find.
9. Bake cookies and make little packages of three or four of them to give out to your neighbors. Make sure to eat some yourself, too. Cookies are made of happiness!
10. Found a new country in your living room. Design a flag for your country. Declare that anyone who enters your country has to bump noses with you (best done gently).
Image Credit » http://pixabay.com/en/calico-cat-yawn-feline-yawning-518375/ by skeeze
BrenndaMarie wrote on February 25, 2015, 3:45 PM
I loved it so much I just had to twit it. I love your ideas for overcoming being board.
Colibry21 wrote on February 25, 2015, 3:57 PM
Lol. I really enjoyed reading your post. You certainly gave some clever suggestions.
Ellis wrote on February 25, 2015, 4:33 PM
Clear nail polish makes an ideal substitute for Tippex when you haven't made any mistakes....
wolfgirl569 wrote on February 25, 2015, 4:43 PM
Those sound like they could be fun to do. Especially the shopping mall one.
MV1106 wrote on February 25, 2015, 5:03 PM
I personally love number 8. It's something I really would do, even out and about just because. It's something that would just make people smile! :)
bestwriter wrote on February 25, 2015, 6:39 PM
Your idea of visiting the Mall seems the best. We all women do it anyway.
Coffee can twiddle her thumbs - there are umpteen ways of doing it.
GemstonePink wrote on February 25, 2015, 6:44 PM
You have an excellent list of those who are trapped in the wide world of bored! Well done.
LadyTrouble wrote on February 25, 2015, 7:58 PM
Really cute and fun suggestions! Mine are as follows
:: Look up community events and attend one that interests you ::
:: Clean out desk drawers and re arrange bathroom cabinets ::
Yeah that's all I've got.
Feisty56 wrote on February 25, 2015, 8:12 PM
What, no suggestions to doodle, draw, watercolor or finger paint? I can't do the first three very well, but I can finger paint and keep up with an six-year-old. : )
allen0187 wrote on February 25, 2015, 9:13 PM
I now have a new found love for a bored AliCanary . May you never find time to be busy again... ever!!! LOL!
BarbRad wrote on February 25, 2015, 10:52 PM
I'm afraid this is a problem I've never had. When you work for yourself there is always more to to and never enough time to get it done.1
GemOfAGirl wrote on February 26, 2015, 1:57 AM
When I was in high school, I had a really cool teacher that kept a book on his desk, titled, "Water On the Lake". It was a book full of suggestions of things to do when you're bored. He let me borrow it, and I read the whole thing in just a couple of days. (Of course he was a psychology teacher, lol.) I tried googling it, and it didn't come up, so I'm assuming that it's been out of print for decades.
I haven't written all the articles yet for suggestion 5 , but I have already picked out all of my songs.
Coffee wrote on February 26, 2015, 6:17 AM
Are my ears burning?
Thanks for the ideas - I'll work my way through. Perhaps everyone could come up with a list of 5 or 10 things for me to do as I am so bored?!
maxeen wrote on February 26, 2015, 3:52 PM
Yes!! Get yourself to an animal rescue centre and take a poor pet for a walk----or volunteer for feeding and cleaning in the centre.
WordChazer wrote on February 26, 2015, 5:44 PM
I left my five ideas for overcoming boredom on the original post. Thanks for the nudge.
ViperGirl85 wrote on February 26, 2015, 10:44 PM
LOL, I think I may have to bookmark this! :D
OldRoadsOnceTraveled wrote on February 28, 2015, 12:49 AM
I wish I had that much time to be bored! I could have a lot of fun with it.
CoralLevang wrote on September 3, 2015, 8:03 AM
I LOVED this post! I found it quite by happenstance when I did a search for "coffee," found a writer by that name, and she mentioned you in something I read.
My FAVORITE suggestion here was the post it note (#8)! I am SO going to do this. Oh, and AliCanary ...
YOU are SO VERY cool!!!
AliCanary wrote on September 4, 2015, 3:37 PM
LOL, I was pleased to find this old post on my comment notifications--glad you liked it! Yeah, number 8 was an actual idea, as most of the rest was just a bunch of silliness.1