My least favorite song is...
Author's Note: As I live on the west coast of the United States, when I submitted Day One, it was still the 24th here, though the time stamp reflects the 25th. I am submitting this Day Two at 2:25 a.m. as partaking in AliCanary and her 30-Day Song Challenge.
* * * * * * * *
I grew up as the daughter of a professional musician. He played guitar, mandolin, banjo, ukelele, fiddle, and I think my Dad was one of the finest musicians that ever lived. He worked with many great artists. Among musicians he was also considered one of the greats. He had his "regular gig," but he was a studio player.
Because of who he was, and when he was born, I was exposed to many different styles of music. I also developed my own love-hate relationships with some music and artists that were popular in some crowds during the 1960s.
In 1968, there was an artist who recorded a song that was first published nearly 40 years earlier. This artist was born the same year as my father (1932). When I looked at him, I never could understand his appeal. I thought he was "gross" anyway, but when he married a 17-year-old (televised on Johnny Carson's Tonight Show ), I really wanted to gag. She was only three years older than I was.
Besides his weird look (remember, this is memory of mine as a 13- or 14-year-old), I could not bear his strange falsetto voice. And, to this day, Tiny Tim singing " Tiptoe Through the Tulips " is my all-time least favorite song. Here is a clip of him performing the song in 1968 on the Johnny Carson Show . He was 36 years of age.
And just so you can see my father performing a few years later at the age of 40, you will find him playing the guitar in this song, called " Wheels ."
Tiny Tim did not look much different at 40, than he did on that creepy performance four years earlier.
Coral Levang © 2015 All rights reserved.
If you would like to take the challenge, the list is, as follows:
- Day 01 – Your favorite song -
- Day 02 – Your least favorite song
- Day 03 – A song that makes you happy
- Day 04 – A song that makes you sad
- Day 05 – A song that reminds you of someone
- Day 06 – A song that reminds of you of somewhere
- Day 07 – A song that reminds you of a certain event
- Day 08 – A song that you know all the words to
- Day 09 – A song that you can dance to
- Day 10 – A song that makes you fall asleep
- Day 11 – A song from your favorite band
- Day 12 – A song from a band you hate
- Day 13 – A song that is a guilty pleasure
- Day 14 – A song that no one would expect you to love
- Day 15 – A song that describes you
- Day 16 – A song that you used to love but now hate
- Day 17 – A song that you hear often on the radio
- Day 18 – A song that you wish you heard on the radio
- Day 19 – A song from your favorite album
- Day 20 – A song that you listen to when you’re angry
- Day 21 – A song that you listen to when you’re happy
- Day 22 – A song that you listen to when you’re sad
- Day 23 – A song that you want to play at your wedding
- Day 24 – A song that you want to play at your funeral
- Day 25 – A song that makes you laugh
- Day 26 – A song that you can play on an instrument
- Day 27 – A song that you wish you could play
- Day 28 – A song that makes you feel guilty
- Day 29 – A song from your childhood
- Day 30 – Your favorite song at this time last year
Image Credit » http://pixabay.com/en/flowers-ornament-decoration-455591/ by geralt