By in Random

This is all stressing me out!

We are in the process of sorting out a new rental property as we are due to move out in 3 weeks. Normally it would be all straight forward in these kind of situations, but not in ours!

You see my other half does not drive so has no photo id. He did have a passport, but his parents have managed to lose it!!! He also does not have a bank acouunt! So now we are trying to get a solicitor to sign hiss passport sized photo. I now also need to prove that he currently lives at this property, as when we moved in (there are 3 of us living here) and were trying to sort the bills out the companies will only have 2 names on the account, so my other half's name is not listed on any of the bills!!!

I just called Birmingham City Council Tax office to enquire if they could email me something that proves he is registered with the council tax, but no they won't do that. So now the only other option is to find out if his doctor will write a letter to confirm he is registered there and that he lives at this address. This is stressing me out so much, I am not very well and could do without this.

You will need an account to comment - feel free to register or login.


maxeen wrote on January 23, 2015, 8:10 AM

You are kidding me! He must have a National Insurance number, surely. Is he not on the electoral register? He can walk into any library and get a library card ,lots of other things he can do..

JohnRoberts wrote on January 23, 2015, 11:47 AM

I guess the UK is different from the US. If you don't have a driver's license, it is mandatory to have an issued official state ID.

Vivenda wrote on January 23, 2015, 3:12 PM

My daughter's had all these sort of problems with ID at various times. It can be really tricky, can't it?