Beans for Health
Stop making excuses for not eating beans. That gaseous state which you pass only occurs if you rarely have beans in your diet. Once you start eating them on a regular basis the gas will stop and the benefits will start kicking in.
I"m going to give you a list of reasons why you need to eat beans more often.
- Rich in Fiber: The body does a slow burn on fiber. You will feel hungry less often in the day. Serve with rice for iron and you have a great start in your daily nutrients for fiber and iron.
- Improves Digestion: Along with plenty of water in your diet, beans have soluble and insoluble fiber. One will slow down your digestion while the other will avoid constipation.
- Regulates Blood Sugar: Beans have a low glycemic index allowing for very little effect to your blood sugar. While the fiber and protein is high, the carbs in the beans will be slowly absorbed.
- Lowers Cholesterol: Beans are low in fat. Soluble fiber in beans binds to cholesterol in the GI tract. It prevents it from being absorbed in your blood.
- Heart Healthy: Beans are good for your heart! It helps your cardiovascular system. It will help reduce a heart attack.
- Maintains Weight: Since beans are high in fiber it will curb food cravings. Your desire to eat will occur less often resulting in less snacking and only eating when you are really hungry.
- Rich in Iron: Just like rice, beans are high in iron. Your body needs this to avoid getting anemic.
- B Vitamins: Beans are a good source for the B vitamins which are important for energy.
- Reduces Cancer Risk: In order to protect your red and white blood cell count you need foods rich in antioxidants. Beans are a good source of antioxidants against the fight of free radicals in your body.
Bon appetite and good health to you!