I think reading is still taught in schools, yes?
(Well, I hope it is, although I'm not totally sure.)
What I would like to know is:
WHY DO PEOPLE NOT READ THE TERMS BEFORE SIGNING UP TO THINGS?
I am becoming rather fed up of these types who think they can bend the rules .
- If a picture is copyrighted , it doesn't mean you can post it because your friend is nuts about the subject and will automatically think it's cute/cool.
- If an academic piece is published, you should at least have the manners to ask the researcher's permission before quoting from it, or at the VERY least add a proper citation at the end of your piece.
- If you offer to pay x for a piece of work, you should be prepared to pay that, unless you have serious doubts about the quality of the work you receive.
- If you are buying something, you should read the small print first. If the offer only applies to certain brands , ranges, flavors, fragrances or designs, you should be clear which ones are on offer. If you don't know, then you should ask the shop, store, seller what the terms are before attempting to purchase.
RTFM. Read The Freakin' Manual.
Terms and conditions may be as boring as hell, but they're there for a reason.
- Maybe the photographer wants to make money from their work.
- Maybe the academic 's reputation rests on that work you want to quote.
- Maybe the person you engaged to do the work has a multi-generational family to keep.
- Maybe the store only has overstock of certain items in the range, not the entire range.
If you don't like these rules , tough. Humanity lives by rules these days. You can do that. You can't do this.
I retain the right NOT to like what you do, and to report you to the authorities/store manager/website admin if you break those rules.
You retain the right to think that I'm an utter bellend, even if I am within my rights by reporting you as above.
Normal people do not break rules or laws, even unwritten etiquette.
I reserve the right to report you if you do not abide by clearly explained rules and to consider your attempt to break said rules as an indication of your inability to read and understand a simple set of instructions.
Yes, I'm in one of those moods. The world's idiots exist to irritate me. End rant .
Image Credit » The great and wonderful Nemo on pixabay: http://pixabay.com/static/uploads/photo/2014/04/03/00/29/exclamation-mark-308416_640.png