10 Unique Harry Potter Theme Halloween Costumes
Most Harry Potter fans are likely to dress as Harry, Ron, Hermione, or one of the more popular characters in the series; why not try to be a little more creative this year? Here are the ten most unique Harry Potter theme Halloween costume ideas.
1. Aragog - Aragog is Hagrid's giant pet spider. You could dress as Aragog, or one of his many relatives that live in the forest, by wearing a black spider costume.
2. Nearly Headless Nick - This is one of the castle ghosts. Nearly Headless Nick lives in the Gryffindor house. He was killed by beheading, although his neck was only severed only most of the way through.
3. Basilisk - A basilisk is a huge snake which kills its prey by looking directly into their eyes. A basilisk outfit would be simple enough to put together, as you would only need a snake costume.
4. Voldemort/Quirrell - In the first Harry Potter book, Voldemort's face is on the back of Professor Quirrell's head, covered up by a turban. Wear a mask on the back of your head to become Voldemort/Quirrell.
5. Hippogriff - A hippogriff is a proud creature, similar to an eagle. It is the offspring of a griffin and a horse and looks like a mixture of the two.
6. Centaur - Centaurs are half man and half horse. They have the body of the horse with a man's torso and upper body where the neck would be. It would make an interesting Halloween costume!
7. Phoenix - Professor Dumbledore had a pet Phoenix named Fawkes. Phoenixes are birds which die and are reborn from their own ashes. They are beautiful, majestic creatures.
8. Dementor - Dementors wear long, black cloaks with hoods. They have no faces. Dementors bring doom and gloom wherever they go to suck the souls out of witches and wizards.
9. Grawp - Grawp is Hagrid's long-lost little brother, who is actually much larger than Hagrid. He is a giant, so you will need stilts and heavy clothing to dress as Grawp.
10. Professor Lupin - He is one of Harry's teachers and friends. Professor Lupin is also a werewolf who changes at a full moon if he doesn't take his potion on time.
You don't have to dress as a popular Harry Potter character for Halloween. If you are looking for a unique costume idea, why not try something a little more creative? Other ideas include thestrals, Professor Trelawney, veela, and Mr. Ollivander, and Tom the bartender.