By in Animals

My Dog is Still Unwell

It has been over a month when my dog was diagnosed with erlichiosis. The target date for her to get well is between 21-45 days. We are nearing 45 days and my dog still has jaundice. I have finally decided to bring my dog to the bigger city so we can get a second opinion if it is indeed erlichiosis. Bambee is a Japanese Spitz whom we adore so much. It breaks my heart so see her sick. The consolation that I have is that she eats well and is still active and playful. But I am so bothered with her dry nose - which is understandable because she is not well. Now the vet wants to have her creatinine and BUN taken and I'm not sure there is a facility here for that. We lack a real pet hospital here. Though this current vet is accredited nationally, there are still limitations. I just have to ask the airline if I can send my dog via cargo.


Image Credit » Image by author

You will need an account to comment - feel free to register or login.

Comments

goddess888 wrote on August 12, 2014, 9:56 AM

They don't allow pets inside the plane. I'm debating whether to travel by sea or air. But sea travel takes 5hrs and my dog will surely be stressed out vs. a 30-minute plane ride.

goddess888 wrote on August 12, 2014, 11:10 AM

Not our local airlines. The most is for the pet to be an "excess baggage" and can go together with your check-in luggage. I will still try to verify though.

BNelson wrote on August 12, 2014, 11:26 AM

I am not at all familiar with this condition so I have no help or suggestions to give, I do hope your dog will be okay.

goddess888 wrote on August 12, 2014, 12:01 PM

Thanks.

LeaPea2417 wrote on December 30, 2015, 7:21 PM

It has been awhile since this post. I do hope all is well with your dog today and that you have a good New Year 2016.