A New Way of Eating For Me.
When I had a bigger stomach a six weeks ago, I knew it was due to eating a lot of rice, potatoes, bread, pasta, cake, and candy. The carbs from these foods were giving me not only a bigger belly, but also those dreaded "male boobs". I was constantly craving sugar.
I decided to switch my diet and eat more protein and healthy fats and cut down on the carbs. If I ate any carbs, it had to be offered to me, such as at someone's house, but on my own, I won't eat any. Eating more fats and protein is no problem for me, because I love eating them.
I also made sure to include fruits and vegetables in my diet since both give extra vitamins, minerals, and fiber. The fruit also satisfies my sugar cravings.
So what exactly have I been eating? Here is a list.
- For fats, I eat butter, coconut oil, avocados, peanut butter and cheese.
- For protein, I eat eggs, turkey, chicken, beef and fish. I make sure to eat the fat on the meat and fish.
- For vegetables, I eat broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, spinach and arugula.
- For fruits, I eat apples, oranges, blueberries, mangoes, and tomatoes.
- I restricted my drinks to water, carrot juice, coconut milk, almond milk and flax milk.
I have set up "cheating days" in which I will eat some junk food just to get the craving out of my system. The cheat days are only one or two days out of every two weeks.
Since I changed my eating habits, my stomach has gone down and the dreaded "male boobs" have disappeared.
Image Credit » Photo was taken by me, Victor Serrao.